Cuphead Boss List
One of the major selling points of Cuphead is the many crazy boss fights there are for players to undertake. With so many bosses to fight, I figured I would throw together a Cuphead boss list. I will break the list up into worlds (this is what the game does):
- Inkwell Isle I (World 1) – 5 Bosses
- Inkwell Isle II (World 2) – 5 Bosses
- Inkwell Isle III (World 3) – 7 Bosses
- Inkwell Hell (Finale) – 2 ‘Bosses’
How Boss Fights Work in Cuphead
Boss fights in Cuphead follow a very distinct pattern throughout the entire game. Each fight is made up of different phases. As you deal damage to the boss, you will trigger new phases which result in new attack patterns. Most boss fights start out relatively simply, but become more complex towards the latter phases. Learning each phase of a boss is necessary to progress through the boss fight.
Since much of Cuphead is tied to boss fights, there are a number of achievements for beating bosses. Below you will find every boss fight related achievement (Spoilers):
- Taking Names: Defeat a boss
- A Walk in the Park: Defeat every boss in Inkwell Isle I
- Sheriff: Obtain and A-Rank or higher on all bosses in Inkwell Isle I
- A Day at the Fair: Defeat every boss in Inkwell Isle II
- Boss: Obtain and A-Rank or higher on all bosses in Inkwell Isle II
- A Trip Downtown: Defeat every boss in Inkwell Isle III
- Mayor: Obtain and A-Rank or higher on all bosses in Inkwell Isle III
- King: Obtain and A-Rank or higher on all bosses in Inkwell Hell
- Swing You Sinner: Defeat the Devil
- Put on a Show: Get an S – Rank
- Ceramic Strike: Defeat a boss with an Extra Special move
- Porcelain Power: Defeat a boss with a Super Art
Boss battles can be set to different difficulties. When you begin Cuphead, there are two available difficulties to choose from: Simple and Regular. Once you beat the game you unlock a third difficulty called Expert.
Simple: This is basically easy mode. Fights are way shorter and have less phases than the other two difficulties.
Regular: Regular and Expert are very similar. Regular is slightly slower than Expert, but features the same number of phases.
Expert: Expert is the hardest mode in Cuphead. Here you will find that fights are longer and projectiles are sped up.
With that out of the way, head on over to the next page to dive into our Cuphead boss list. Here you will find every boss in Cuphead along with all of the boss phases. Hope it helps you!