What’s New in The Stardew Valley 1.3 Beta
Earlier this week fans of Stardew Valley received a bit of a gift in the form of a new beta version of Stardew Valley on Steam and GOG. In the new beta, dubbed 1.3, players are now able to play multiplayer with friends and explore new content. So what exactly is new in the Stardew Valley 1.3 update? This post will layout what’s new in the Stardew Valley 1.3 beta for your pleasure. Since there are a few story related additions, proceed with caution below.
Stardew Valley 1.3 Beta Content
- Multiplayer: You can now play Stardew Valley with friends thanks to the new multiplayer update. To learn about how to access this update, check out this post on the official Stardew Valley website.
- Buildable cabins for COOP.
- Marry your friends.
- New Content: There is a ton of new content that has been added alongside the multiplayer. SPOILERS BELOW.
- You can now buy Pam a house (watch event).
- New Night Market event on the beach during Winter 15-17. The Night Market features a number vendors and activities to do:
- Shrouded Figure: Sends you back to your home for 250g.
- Famous Painter Lupini: Sells paintings you can decorate your house with. Sells different paintings each night.
- Cart Merchant: The Merchant you normally see south of your farm is here. She sells here normal wares.
- Distant Land Merchant: Sells a number of items including hats. Is located to the right of Painter Lupini.
- Mermaid Performance: Watch a live mermaid show. This brief performance features some of the best music in the game (imo). After the performance is complete, you can interact with the seashells (no idea what this does).
- Outdoor Decorations Merchant: Sells a number of decorations you can place around your farm.
- Coffee Merchant: Sells cups of coffee. dw
- Deep Sea Fishing: Fishing submarine that will take you to the bottom of the lake to fish. Here you will find a number of new fish: Spook Fish, Midnight Squid, and the Blobfish.
- New Linus event.
- New buildable items:
- Shipping containers.
- Garden Pots.
- Marnie sells an Auto-Grabber which automates harvesting animal products. This item costs 25000g.
- New Bachelor’s confrontation scene if you romance all of them at once. Same goes for the Bachelorettes.
- New Event with Vincent and Jas in Spring.
- Rasmodius (the wizard) sends correspondence on custom stationery.
- Hats for horses, or horses for hats?
- Reselect jobs at Statue of Uncertainty in Sewer. Costs 10,000g.
- New enemies.
- New findable Secret Notes. Follow Krobus’ footprints during beginning of Winter.
I will be adding more to this list as I discovered the new content. If you have anything to share or add, let me know about it in the comments below. Also link to content you’ve created (such as videos, imgurs, etc.) and I will add them as well. Keep in mind that ConcernedApe will be releasing a full list of single player additions once the Stardew Valley beta ends.