What’s New in Fortnite Season 4? New Outfits, Items, and More
There has been quite the run up leading to the release of Fortnite’s Season 4 and the wait is now finally over. During Season 3, fans of the game noticed a number of hints pertaining to events in Season 4 including a comet streaking across the sky. Now, with Season 4 upon us, we finally have the answers. Let’s take a look at what’s new in Fortnite Season 4.
New Outfits for Season 4
Let’s get right to the interesting and frankly most important part of a new season in Fortnite, the new outfits that drop in the Battle Pass. In Season 4 there are a total of seven skins to unlock at different levels in the Battle Pass. Each skin has a superhero/supervillain styling to it, as many fans predicted would be the case. Here are the names and unlock levels of each skin:
- Battlehawk – Unlocks at 1.
- Carbide – Unlocks at 1.
- Unlockable armor pieces that automatically apply at Season levels 10, 20, 30, 40, 65.
- Teknique – Unlocks at 23.
- Zoey – Unlocks at 47.
- Valor – Unlocks at 71.
- Squad Leader – Unlocks at 87.
- Omega – Unlocks at 100.
- Unlockable armor pieces that automatically apply at Season levels 25, 35, 45, 65, 85.
As you can see there is a wide range of looks to unlock and choose from. With that said, I have to admit that both the Carbide and Omega outfits are standouts to me. You can also expect to see see new Outfits in the shop intermittently as well, so I expect more interesting skins to arrive that way as well.
New Harvesting Tools, Gliders, and Back Bling in Season 4
With the outfits out of the way, let’s look at some of the other unlocks you will be able to earn in Season 4. As many of you already know, there are a ton of items to unlock for your character including new Harvesting Tools, Gliders, and Back Bling. Here’s a look at all the other items you will be able to unlock in Season 4:
- Gale Force (Harvesting Tool) – Unlocks at 7.
- Standard Issue (Back Bling) – Unlocks at 10 on Free side.
- Sugar Crash (Glider) – Unlocks at 15.
- Retro Sci-Fi (Skydiving Trail) – Unlocks at 20.
- Spray Paint (Skydiving Trail) – Unlocks at 36.
- Wings of Valor (Glider) – Unlocks at 39.
- Lollipopper (Harvesting Tool) – Unlocks at 46 on Free side.
- Lightning (Skydiving Trail) – Unlocks at 50.
- Goodie Bag (Back Bling) – Unlocks at 55.
- Hearts (Skydiving Trail) – Unlocks at 68.
- Intrepid (Glider) – Unlocks at 79.
- Shooting Star (Skydiving Trail) – Unlocks at 84.
There are a number of new items to unlock while playing through the new Season 4 content in Fortnite. Like the Outfits, expect to see new additions hit the store as well.
A new addition to Season 4 is called Sprays. Like the name suggests, you are able to spray (tag) objects in the world with various designs that can be bought or earned. There are a number of designs already available, and I expect the list of designs to continue to grow.
New Cinematic Opening for Season 4
When you first launch Fortnite (after updating), you will see a new cinematic that basically introduces Season 4. This new cinematic can be skipped or watched later via the Replay Cinematic button on the Battle Pass page. The Cinematic can also be found in the video above from the Fortnite YouTube page.
If you don’t want to watch the cinematic, here’s a quick rundown. In the cinematic, we watch a number of comets hit various areas of the island. While this is happening we see both a solo and duo group of characters reacting to what they are witnessing.
Changes to The Map in Season 4
With the unlockable stuff out of the way, let’s look at how the map has changed. There isn’t a ton new here, besides the huge crater that has replaced Dusty Depot (now called Dusty Divot). Here you will find a nice supply of Hop Rocks which basically increase your jumping distance for a short period of time when consumed.
Besides the huge crater at Dusty Depot, you will notice a number of smaller impact craters around the map. These craters are similar to the large crater, but feature far less Hop Rocks to grab. The map above highlights all the crater spots in Season 4.
New Season 4 Easter Eggs
Since the map has been changed by the comet’s impact, you will notice a ton of new easter eggs to discover while playing. These easter eggs range from the simple to more story driven. Below are all the easter eggs I’ve discovered so far (let me know what you’ve found in the comments).
- Super Villain’s Lair – Located on the west side of the island on a mountain between B4/B5.
- Super Hero’s Lair – Located on the east side of the island at coordinates J5/J6.
- Green Screen (Risky Reels) – A green screen can be found in a building at Risky Reels H5.
- Underground Bunker (Salty Springs) – Beneth the Blue House in Salty Springs is a bunker now.
- Footprint – As mentioned in this Reddit Post by Qpaniic.
- Jurassic Park Reference – Rex Loading Screen in Battle Pass at level 12.
Season 4: Save The World
The Save The World mode in Fortnite also got a number of new additions for Season 4. The biggest addition has to be the new Blockbuster Event which features Spitfire and Lok as they investigate the comet and gear up to recruit a team of superheroes.
Check out the complete patch notes here.