Ostara Festival Guide: How to Start, Rewards – Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
It has been a minute since Ubisoft added a seasonal event to Assassin’s Creed Valhalla but it is now happening. Thanks to the newly released Update 1.2.0 there is a new festival to take part in called the Ostara Festival. This festival brings a variety of activities to Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. If you want to know what they are and how to complete them see our Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Ostara Festival guide below.
How to Start the Ostara Festival
The Ostara Festival begins immediately open entering the eastside of your colony after you’ve downloaded Update 1.2.0. You will trigger a cutscene upon entering the area where Eivor, Alvis, and Alwin will speak on the festival of Ostara. While this festival is active from March 18th-April 8th the you can complete a number of side quests to earn Festival Currency you can use to buy event items from Norvid like Raven skins, Settlement cosmetics, Tattoos, and hair cosmetics.
Complete Ostara Festival Events for Festival Tokens
Once you’ve begun the festival you will want to start collecting the Festival Tokens. This can be done by completing Ostara Festival Events. All of the events you can complete are marked on your map. These events are fairly standard and some have multiple parts to them. The events you can complete are:
- Viking Brawl: Returning mini-game from Yule Festival. This time you earn Festival Tokens each round. You can then bet the tokens on the next round to earn more. If you lose the round you lose any tokens earned.
- Braun’s Folly: Drinking mini-game.
- Twirling Targets: Archery Challenge mini-game where you shoot targets to score points and earn tokens.
- The May Queen (Guide): Mayda needs help getting a new May Queen crown. Pays 140 Festival Tokens.
- Spiritual Defense (Guide): Alvis needs help protecting Ravensthorpe from evil spirits. Pays 140 Festival Tokens.
- Egg Hunt (Guide): Eggs have been placed in baskets throughout Ravensthorpe and Eivor must find them. Pays 140 Festival Tokens and unlocks Alwin as a brawl opponent.
- Let’s Get Festive (Guide): Norvid tasks Eivor with placing 5 decorations around Ravensthorpe. Pays 50 Festival Tokens.
All of the above activities can be replayed for Festival Tokens to your hearts content. If you want all of the available equipment from this event you will need to replay some of these activities to get token. With that said if you can consistently score +1500 on the archer game it is the fastest token farm. You will need 1000 Festival Tokens to buy everything from Norvid.
Ostara Festival Items
As I mentioned earlier there are a number of themed items players can purchase from Norvid using the Festival Tokens they earn. These items come in a wide range of types and are found in the list below:
Raven (240 Festival Tokens/Piece)
- Colorful Raven.
Settlement Cosmetics (30 Festival Tokens/Piece)
- Floral Arrangement Scheme (Small).
- Floral Shrine Scheme (Small).
- Hog Log Scheme (Small).
- Fairy Trap Scheme (Small).
- Powerful Tree Warrior Scheme.
- Victorious Tree Warrior Scheme.
- Tree Spear Warrior Scheme.
- Tree Warrior Scheme.
- Mossy Faced Tree Scheme – 140 Festival Tokens.
Tattoo Cosmetics (70 Festival Tokens/Piece)
Hair Cosmetics (20 Festival Tokens/Piece)
- Flower Hair (Blond/Light Brown/Dark Brown).
- Floral Hair (Red).
- Flower Beard Scheme.
These items are what’s available during the Ostara Festival in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. Overall the rewards for this seasonal event are very easy to get. It shouldn’t take you more than a couple of hours to grab everything on the list above if you are so inclined.
For more help with Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed Valhalla visit our hub page for the title. On this page you will find a wide selection of guides to make your way through Norway and England. You will also find guides pertaining to secrets and lesser known aspects of the game. Happy raiding.