How to Access Red Dead Redemption 2 DLC Items
If you pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption 2 you are in for a few nice treats. Rockstar is giving players that pre-ordered the game a number of ingame items for their patronage. If you don’t know what items you are owed, fear not! Below I will walk you through how to access Red Dead Redemption 2 DLC items.
How to get the Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger Outfit, Blackrose Bounty Hunter, and Copperhead Enforcer Outfit?
To equip outfits in Red Dead Redemption 2 you need to access your Wardrobe at your Tent in the camp. The Wardrobe is the chest at the foot of your cot. Interact with the Wardrobe to open up the Change Clothing menu. From here you can equip individual clothing items (like hats, coats, etc.) or a full outfit. The Nuevo Paraiso gunslinger outfit, Blackrose Bounty hunter outfit, and the Copperhead Enforcer outfit can all be found in the Outfit tab of the Wardrobe.
Note: Your medallions are also available from the Wardrobe. Scroll down to find them at the very bottom. Medallions give you different gameplay buffs for having them equipped.
How to get the Weapons from the Special Edition
You will find your special bonus weapons from the Special Edition of the game at the . Here you can equip the DLC weapons: Volcanic Pistol, Pump Action Shotgun, Lancaster Varmint Rifle. Your Special Edition weapons are accessible via a towns Gunsmith. Browse the catalogue to find each above listed weapon for $0.00.
Where to find War Horse, Dapper Black Thoroughbred, and Black Chestnut Thoroughbred?
To change your horse in Red Dead Redemption 2, you need to playthrough the story mission involving hunting with Hosea. During this mission you will go to the Stables for the first time. Inside the Stables you will be able to access theses bonus horses:
- War Horse (Pre-order).
- Dapper Black Thoroughbred (Special Edition).
- Black Chestnut Thoroughbred (Ultimate Edition).
These horses don’t have a price in the Stable and are free to grab if you’ve pre-ordered/bought different versions of RDR2.
How to Use Cash Bonus, Core Stat Bonus, and Camp Upgrade Discounts
The cash bonus, core stat bonus, and Camp Upgrade discounts apply the moment you start up Red Dead Redemption 2. There is nothing you need to do on your end to change this. With that said, if you don’t like having the bonuses active, you can change them under the General settings menu. These buffs can be toggled on and off as you want from this menu.
How to Get your Red Dead Online Items?
Those of you that picked up the Ultimate Edition of RDR2 are owed a few items in Red Dead Online. These items are all fairly simple to get for yourself and can be accessed once you complete the tutorial portion of RDO. Below is how to get every item you are owed:
- XP Bonus: Applies when you start playing RDO. Lasts up to Level 25.
- Weapons: All weapons barring one can be grabbed at a gunsmith or through the handheld catalogue (items ordered via the catalogue are sent to the Post Office or box at your camp). The only weapon you can’t get through this method is the High Roller Revolver which needs to be picked up at a Fence.
- Outfits: Can be acquired through the handheld catalogue or at a General Store.
- Horses: You can equip your horses at the stable along with the saddle.
- Camp Theme: Can be equipped through your camp upgrade menu.