Pokemon Sun and Moon How to Catch Ditto
Ditto, the beloved shapeshifting Pokémon, has made its return in Pokémon Sun and Moon. If you’re an avid breeder looking to enhance your Pokémon collection, Ditto is an essential addition. Unlike most Pokémon, Ditto’s unique ability to breed with almost any other Pokémon, regardless of gender, makes it a valuable asset in your Pokémon box. To start your breeding journey, you’ll need to visit the Pokémon daycare at Paniola Ranch. This article provides a concise guide on where and how to catch Ditto in Pokémon Sun and Moon to kickstart your breeding endeavors.
Where to Find Ditto in Pokémon Sun and Moon
Ditto, the elusive Pokémon, is located on Ula’ula Island, which is the third island within the Alola region. To access Ula’ula Island, you must first complete the Grand Trials on Mele’mele and Akala Island, allowing you to travel freely between islands. Here’s a step-by-step guide to locating Ditto:
- Mount Hokulani: Head to Mount Hokulani, a prominent location on Ula’ula Island.
- Hokulani Observatory: Take the bus from the Route 10 bus stop up to the Hokulani Observatory.
- Descend the Mountain: After reaching the observatory, immediately descend the mountain.
- Search for the Platform: Along the paved road, keep an eye out for a break in the guardrail and a dirt ramp leading to a platform or cliff area filled with bushes. Ditto is located here.
Keep in mind that Ditto boasts a rather modest spawn rate, hovering at approximately 10%, demanding a fair amount of patience as you embark on your search.
Catching Ditto in Pokémon Sun and Moon
When encountering Ditto, it is typically at level 28. If your Pokémon team consists of level 40+ Pokémon, you can employ the following strategy:
- Use Ultra Balls: Start by weakening Ditto with your high-level Pokémon and then use Ultra Balls to capture it.
However, there are alternative approaches to capturing Ditto that can make the process easier:
- False Swipe: Bring a Pokémon that knows the move False Swipe. False Swipe ensures that Ditto’s HP remains at 1, making it much simpler to capture without fainting it.
- Status Effects: Consider using status-inflicting moves like sleep or paralysis to increase your chances of capturing Ditto successfully.
Ditto proves especially valuable to trainers aiming to collect all of Eevee’s forms in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. By breeding Ditto with Eevee, you can produce as many Eevees as necessary to unlock all of Eevee’s evolutions.
With these tips in hand, go out and seize Ditto to turbocharge your breeding endeavors in Pokémon Sun and Moon. If you have any additional strategies or insights on catching Ditto, feel free to share them in the comments below. Good luck on your breeding adventure!