Bazelgeuse Guide: Monster Weakness, Carves & Rewards, Armor Sets – Monster Hunter World
When you enter the High Rank portion of Monster Hunter: World, you will start to see a number of new monsters across all the locations. One of these new monsters is Bazelgeuse. Bazelgeuse is a flying Wyvern who scatters explosive scales as it flies about the area. To hunt yourself a Bazelgeuse, use this hand Bazelgeuse guide.
Location: All Locations
Species: Flying Wyvern
- Thunder 3⭐
- Ice 2⭐
- Dragon 2⭐
Breakable/Severable (Weak Points): Head (weak point), Wings (weak point), Tail (weak point), Body
Material (Carves + High Rank Rewards):
M Hardbone 3⭐
Reward Money: N/A
Storyline Quest: N/A
Hunting Quest Text: N/A
Characteristics: A nefarious flying wyvern that travels the New World in search of prey. It scatters explosive scales over a wide area to prey on whatever gets caught in the blast.
Useful Information: The scales of that Bazelgeuse scatters explode with tremendous force, making them extremely deadly. Focus on its legs to knock it down, and then knock out its scale-generating organs.
Bazelgeuse Fight Guide
Main Fight Mechanics: Roar + Fireblight + Exploding Scales
Roar: Large monsters have the ability to roar. This ability disrupts whatever action the hunter was doing (stun locks you briefly). There’s not much you can do about it in the early game (you’ll get better armor perks later).
Fireblight: When being afflicted with Fireblight, a small flame will appear over the hunter’s health bar (two for Severe), and the red health bar will turn red and begin to decrease. To cure this affliction, simply roll into water once, roll on the ground three times, or consume a Nulberry.
Exploding Scales: Bazelgeuse sheds its scale when it attacks which explode to deal AOE damage. The scales glow red when they are about to go off.
Bazelguese is similar to other dragons you have found up to this point, but possess the ability to shed its scales. This ability can deal a ton of damage, but aside from this, the fight itself should be fairly simple. Let’s look at Bazelguese’s attacks:
*I attempted to grab all the attacks I saw. Let me know if I missed some in The Pit.
- Charge – Lowers head into ground and charges towards the hunter, rearing up at the end.
- Tailsmash – Smash tail into ground multiple times if hunter is behind it.
- Tailwhip – Whips tail around, dealing damage
- Sidecharge – Lowers shoulder and charges either left or right.
- Flame Breath – Can shoot fire similar to Anjanath.
- Flying Smash – Flies up and hovers for a couple seconds and then comes smashing down where it was standing.
- Bombing Run – Flies around the arena dropping scales beneath it.
Bazelguese is a relatively easy fight when it’s just you versus it, but as you will learn, this monster absolutely loves to appear when you are fighting other monsters. Like, leave us alone to hunt you dumb dragon. Anyways, the big thing with Bazelguese is patience. Don’t stay close for long as the scales will annihilate you. Here’s some other tips:
- Eat up – Head into the fight having eaten a meal from the Canteen (do this for every fight to make life easier).
- Cold Drink – Depending on where you fight Bazelguese, you may want to have some Cold Drinks on you.
- Fire Resistance – Bring along fire resistant armor along with the Fireproof mantle to make things easier.
- Hit and Run – Bazelgeuse is super easy to hit and run. What for it to complete an attacks, run in and strike and then run away. Repeat.
- Bring Flashbombs + Flash Pods: A well placed Flashbomb or Flash Pod can bring Bazelgeuses crashing to the ground for easy damage (really helpful when it’s on its bombing run).
- Focus Damage on Scale Organs – Attack the areas that generate scales to weaken its ability to generate scales (areas like chest, etc.).
- SOS – If you need to, send out an SOS and get some extra help from the MHW community.
Bazel α+β Set (Rarity 7)
Human: All Materials are Bazelgeuse Carves/Drops unless noted.
- Helm – 5x Carapace, 2x Talon, 2x Wing, 1x Gem
- Mail – 4x Scale+, 4x Carapace, 1x Fuse, 2x Scute
- Vambraces – 4x Carapace, 2x Talon, 2x Tail, 1x Firecell Stone*
- Coil – 4x Carapace, 4x Scale+, 2x Fuse, 1x Marrow
- Greaves – 4x Scale+, 4x Carapace, 2x Talon, 4x Dodogama Hide+*
Set Bonus (3 pieces or more) – Bazelgeuse Protection (Guts): Above a certain health threshold, you withstand attack that would normally cart you (once only).
Palico: All Materials are Bazelgeuse Carves/Drops unless noted.
- Mace – 1x Fuse
- Helm – 1x Scale+
- Mail – 1x Carapace
More: Monster Hunter: World monster guides