What’s New in the Los Santos Summer Special Update for GTA Online
The summer update for GTA Online has finally landed and with it comes a number of new additions to the mega-popular online title. Dubbed the Los Santos Summer Special this new update adds new cars, missions, collectables, and more. For a full look at what’s in this update check out our what’s new in the Los Santos Summer Special update for GTA Online guide below.
15 New Vehicles for Purchase
One of the major parts of this update is the drop of 15 new vehicles for players to purchase from vendors like Legendary Motorsports and Benny’s. Instead of a trickle these vehicles can be bought at their correpsonding stores in game. The cars in the Los Santos Summer Special are:
- Benefactor BR8 – $3,400,000.
- Declasse DR1 – $2,997,000.
- Lampadati Tigon – $2,310,000.
- Invetero Coquette D10 – $1,510,000.
Southern San Andreas
- Maibatsu Penumbra FF – $1,380,000.
- BF Club – $1,280,000.
- Dundreary Landstalker – $1,220,000.
- Imponte Beater Dukes – $387,000.
- Canis Seminole Frontier – $678,000.
Benny’s Original Motorworks
- Bravado Gauntlet – $615,000.
- Bravado Youga – $195,000.
- Benefactor Glendale – $200,000.
- Declasse Yosemite – $485,000.
- Vapid Peyote – $38,000.
- Albany Manana – $10,000.
Along side these new vehicles Rockstar has also added 15 new types of Off-Road Wheels, 30 new sets of Street Wheels, and new tire designs for purchase at mod shops.
Super Yacht Missions
Players that purchased a yacht have something to finally cheer about as there are six new missions the Captain will give you. These missions can be started either by phoning the Captain via cellphone and asking for a job or using the computer on the bridge of your yacht. The six yacht missions are as follows:
- All Hands.
- Bon Voyage.
Besides earning RP and GTA$ for completing the missions above you can also unlock the Yacht Captain outfit if you complete all six missions as host. This can be done solo or with other players.
9 New Open Wheel Race Tracks and Open Wheel Race Creator
If you are a racer that likes the Open Wheel series I have good news for you. First Rockstar has added 9 new Open Wheel Race Tracks for players to race on. Second Rockstar has opened up the Open Wheel Race Creator for the community to start making their own race tracks. If you wish to try your hand at making your own track access Creator > Create a Race > Open Wheel Race.
New Business Battles and Diamond Adversary Series
Business Battles now have a few new scenarios players can complete. These first is a cooperative assault on an idling aircraft carrier called Aircraft Carrier Assault. The second, called Factory Raid, tasks you with hacking your way through several factories to reach the nucleus. From now until August 19th you can earn the Pink Dot Tech Mask if you win a Business Battle.
Alongside the new Business Battles there is a new PvP mode called Diamond Adversary Series. This series takes place in the confines of The Diamond Casino & Resort and features eight modes for play:
- Every Bullet Counts
- Hardest Target
- Kill Quota
- Trading Places
Solomon Collectible Movie Props
There is a new batch of collectibles for players to find in this new update. The collectibles are movie props that have been stolen from Solomon Richards. These props are littered across the map and can be found using our Movie Prop guide. When all 10 props are found and delivered you will receive the Space Interloper outfit as seen above.
Fixes & Miscellaneous Additions
Alongside the update Rockstar tweaked and fixed a number of things in game. These fixes and changes are intended to improve QOL. The complete patch notes can be found here, but I will highlight a few of the more useful additions/changes they’ve made.
- Ambient Events: Similar to Red Dead Online events but with a GTA twist. Look for blue dots on your mini-map when out in the world to find events.
- Clothing: Head to stores across the map to find 200+ new items and variations of clothing for sale.
- 2 New Arcade Cabinets: Qub3d and Axe of Furry can be bought from Pixel Emporium on your Arcade Laptop.
- Podium Car Timer: See how long you have to wait to spin the wheel.
- Pegasus Vehicle Spawn Locations: More spawns have been added.
- Better payouts from Simeon’s Export Requests.
- Players can now own up to eight different properties.
- You can now return Personal Vehicles to storage via an option within the Interaction Menu.
That’s about all the major new aspects of the Los Santos Summer Special for GTA Online. What did you think of this new update? Did it live up to your expectations? Shoot me a comment in the comments section down below.