Everything in the Seliana Sizzling Spice Fest – Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
In honor of the summer season Monster Hunter World: Iceborne is holding a seasonal event called the Sizzling Spice Fest. This festival features a number of bonuses for players who play the game between July 22-August 6. To help you keep track of all the bonuses you can get in this new event use our everything in the Seliana Sizzling Spice fest guide below.
- The base game is hosting the Summer Twilight Fest in Astera in tandem.
- Go to the Gathering Hub first to trigger the event.
Special Daily Login Bonus (1x Sizziling Spice Ticket, Lucky Vouchers + Blossom Fireworks)
Each day you login during the Sizzling Spice Fest in Monster Hunter World: Iceborne you will be awarded the following items as your Login Bonus:
- 1x Sizzling Spice Ticket: Can be turned into the workshop for the seasonal event armor set called the set.
- Snowman: Festive item which can be used during hunts.
- 2x Lucky Vouchers
These bonuses are earned every time you login to a new day for the first time. You can carry a stack of them, so don’t worry if you don’t spend them all right away
New Poogie & Handler Costume
When you go to Seliana for the first time after downloading the Sizzling Spice Fest update you will notice that your Poogie and Handler both look a bit different. Both NPCs are dressed for the occasion with rose themed costumes. If you have the Serious Handler you will not see the outfit shown above (she states it is not her thing). As for the Poogie you will find it in the Eggsotic clothing specific to this event. If you wish to change Poogie’s costume at any time simply interact with it and select the Change Clothes option.
Past & New Events Are Available For A Limited Time
There have been a number of events which have occurred since Monster Hunter World dropped two years ago. Most of these events were on a short timer, meaning you probably missed a few. While the Sizzling Spice Fest runs, you will be able to access all previous Events that have occurred in Monster Hunter World. This means you will be able to get the Aloy gear, Street Fighter gear, or other special event equipment you may have missed. Some interesting quests you can complete are found below.
Some Old Quests to Complete:
- Code: Red (Devil May Cry Armor and Weapon)
- A Rush of Blood (Mega Man Palico Set)
- Lessons of the Wild (Horizon Zero Dawn Palico Set) – PS4 Only
- Every Hunter’s Dream (Wyvern Ignition Greatsword)
Alongside replaying these old quests, there are a few new, limited time quest you can complete during the Sizzling Spice Fest. These quests reward you with new materials.
Some New Quests to Complete:
The following new quests can be found at the bounty board under Master Rank > Events. Completing these events will allow you to earn different materials that can be used for a collection of new layered armor and a new dual-blade.
- Fetching Light Pearls (MR 1) – Faux Kelbi layered armor.
- Camoflawed (MR 3) – Faux Aptonoth layered armor.
- Seeing is Believing (MR 9) – Ice Dual Blades.
- Don’t Forget The Earplugs! (MR 24) – Hare Band layered armor.
- Monkey Business (MR 24) – Goldspring Macaque layered armor.
- The Naked Truth (MR 24) – Innerwear α and Innerwear β layered armor.
New Event Armor Sets: Passion Alpha + and Palico Pukei Set
There are a couple of new event armor sets available for both your hunter and Palico. These armor sets are all themed around the Sizziling Spice Fest. Both the hunter and Palico sets come in Low and High Rank varieties. The new Sizzling Spice Fest sets available are as follows:
Passion Alpha+ Armor Set Requirements
- Headdress: 1x Sizzling Spice Ticket, 1x Monster Solidbone, 1x Large Kulu-Ya-Ku Plume.
- Body: 1x Sizzling Spice Ticket, 1x Monster Solidbone, 1x Large Kulu-Ya-Ku Plume.
- Arms: 1x Sizzling Spice Ticket, 1x Monster Solidbone, 1x Large Kulu-Ya-Ku Plume.
- Belt: 1x Sizzling Spice Ticket, 1x Monster Solidbone.
- Leggings: 1x Sizzling Spice Ticket, 1x Monster Solidbone.
Set Skill Info: 5 Sizzling Gratitude; 3 Sizzling Gift.
To get the Layered Armor version of the Passion set you need to collect VIP Sizzling Spice Tickets. These tickets are given as Low Level Hunter Rewards or Special Rewards from Master Rank Quests and Expeditions. You can also wear the Passion Set to use its set bonuses to increase your chances of getting VIP Sizzling Spice Tickets. It takes 5x VIP Sizzling Spice Tickets to make the Layered Armor.
Palico Pukei Set Alpha+ Requirements
- Ukulele: 1x Sizzling Spice Ticket, 1x Summer Twilight Ticket, 1x Spirit Vein.
- Hat: 1x Sizzling Spice Ticket, 1x Summer Twilight Ticket, 1x Spirit Vein.
- Shirt: 1x Sizzling Spice Ticket, 1x Summer Twilight Ticket, 1x Spirit Vein.
New Guild Card Background, Pose, and Titles for Sizzling Spice Fest
Like every new event there are a number of new editions for your Guild Card. These additions include the likes of a new Background, Pose, and Titles. The new card items are:
Background: Carnival of Life.
Pose: Pose of the Memories.
Titles: Hot, Sweat, Dances, Zealous, Dance.
To access any of the above mentioned Guild Card items navigate to your Guild Card and select Edit to be taken to the Guild Card screen. From this screen you can change any of the items listed above.
New Room Decorations
Alongside the additions above you will also find a number of new room decoration items available to use in Seliana. These room customizations include the following:
- Luxury Vase.
- Splendid Silver Pot.
- Dark Pot.
- Earth Tone Pot.
- Ornamental Plate Set (Small).
- Tropical Planting.
- Fruit Bowl.
- Grimalkyne Mud Sculptures.
- Felyne Print (Yellow).
- Felyne Print (Blue).
- Life Print: Large (White).
- Life Print: Large (Yellow).
When you enter your Room speak to your Housekeeper to access the Room Customization options. From this selection you will be able to access the items listed above if you so desire.
Vendor Sales During Sizzling Spice Fest
During the Sizzling Spice Fest, you will find the vendors will sell items at a discount. This means you can stock up on things like the Large Barrel Bombs for cheap. Items for sale are denoted by the medal to the right of them on the buy screen (pretty much all items are on sale). You will also notice that vendors like the Botanical Research Center and the Elder Melder are also offering items for lower prices.
The Gathering Hub is Decorated for the Sizzling Spice Fest
The last part of the Sizzling Spice Fest I will highlight is that the Gathering Hub has been decorated for the occasion. The room is very festive and boasts a number of costumed palicos and ladies. Each palico and lady is dressed in a style that matches the theme of the event which is a tropical beach vibe. Alongside the Gathering Hub decorations there is also an event specific platter called the Sizzling Spice Platter which you can purchase from the Canteen.
More: Monster Hunter World walkthroughs and guides.