5 Things to Do After Beating Borderlands 3
Borderlands 3 will take you about 30-35 hours to complete. Once you’ve completed the game you may be wondering what to do next. Here are 5 things to do after beating Borderlands 3.
Turn on Mayhem Mode 1,2, or 3
A new addition to Borderlands 3 is Mayhem Mode. Mayhem mode is a new mode you unlock upon completion of the game’s main story line. This new mode can be equipped at anytime in Sanctuary via the altar you will find (skull icon).
Mayhem is three tiered gameplay modifier system which improves things like Loot Quality, Experience gained, and Eridium/Cash with the tradeoff being higher enemy health, shields and armor, along with random modifiers which change enemy traits. The group of modifiers for Mayhem Mode are as follows:
- Eridium Mask: Enemies take 30% less damage from critical damage.
- Defendarius: Enemies have a 10% chance to Reflect projectiles back to player.
- Bulletproof: Enemies take 50% less damage from normal bullets and attacks.
- Insulated: Enemies take 50% less damage from Incendiary damage.
- Icehard: Enemies take 50% less damage from Cryo damage.
- Grounded: Enemies take 50% less damage from Shock damage.
- Nuclear: Enemies take 50% less damage from Radiation damage.
- Cowabunga: Enemies take 50% less damage from Corrosive damage.
- Savage: Enemies deal 40% more Weapon Damage.
- Swift: Enemy weapons have 20% increased Fire Rates.
- Fortified: Enemies have additional 45% more Health.
- Double Whammy: Enemies fire 2 additional Projectile.
- Precision: Enemy weapons are 50% more Accurate.
- Explosive: Enemy explosions have increased area of effect.
- Overwhelming: Players recover 70% less Shield (Shield Regen Rate & Delay) and Health Regen but Players gain 16% increased Movespeed, Fire Rate, and Reload Speed.
- Exposed: Players take more 45% damage from all Elemental damage but Players deal 45% more damage with Normal bullets.
- Skillful: Players deal 50% less damage with all Guns but PLayers gain 45% increased Cooldown Rate and deal more Skill Damage.
- Utilitarian: Players have 36% worse Accuracy and Handling but Players deal 50% increased Shield, Grenade, Melee, Slide, and Ground Slam Damage.
- Hit and Run: Players deal 50% less damage with Assault Rifles and Sniper Rifles but deal 50% increased damage with Pistols, SMGs, and Shotguns.
- Aim for the Head: Players deal 50% less damage with Pistols, SMGs, and Shotguns but players deal 50% more damage with Assault Rifles and Sniper Rifles.
- You’re a Wizard: Players deal 70% less damage with Normal bullets but players deal 70% more damage with all Elemental damage.
- Sun’s Out, Guns Out: Players deal 50% less damage with Action Skills and Grenades but players deal 35% more damage with Guns.
With Mayhem mode active you will experience a collection of these above modifiers in each new zone you enter. This changes gameplay, and adds a nice bit of risk/reward to your item farming.
Rank Guardian Rank Up
Fans of the Borderlands series will immediately recognize Guardian Rank as a reworked Badass Rank. This rank system now unlocks upon completion of your first playthrough of Borderlands 3. Ranking up Guardian Rank is just like Badass Ranks, but you gain Guardian Tokens by simply gaining XP. This XP is applied to a new purple bar that appears above your character rank. With Guardian Tokens you can increase the following stats in three categories:
- Critical Damage
- Grenade Damage
- Gun Damage
- Gun Fire Rate
- Melee Damage
- Vehicle Damage
- Fight for Your Life Duration
- Fight for Your Life Movement Speed
- Shield Capacity
- Max Health
- Shield Recharge Delay
- Shield Recharge Rate
- Action Skill Cooldown
- Luck (Rarity Rate)
- Recoil Reduction
- Reload Speed
Alongside these Bonus Stats there are new Guardian Rewards which unlock skins and passives for reaching certain numbers of Guardian Tokens spent within each category (final unlock being 75 tokens spent). Once you’ve beaten Borderlands 3, the Guardian Rank is endgame content.
Complete True Vault Hunter Mode
Once you’ve completed a playthrough of Borderlands 3, you will unlock the ability to enter True Vault Hunter Mode. This mode has existed in all other Borderlands titles and essentially allows you to replay the game’s campaign again. You can toggle between Normal and TVHM story modes on the main menu underneath Load Character. Completing a TVHM run will put you in a good place when the inevitable Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode drops at some point.
Complete Circle of Slaughter Challenges
There are number of challenges for players to undertake across the various Planets in Borderlands 3. These challenges include the Circle of Slaughter missions. Fans of Mr. Torgue will immediately recognize these challenges from previous games. Basically to complete Circle of Slaughters you need to survive waves on enemies across five rounds. These waves get increasingly more difficult. In total there are three Circle of Slaughter events for you to complete. They are located at the following spots:
- Meridian Metroplex > Cistern of Slaughter.
- Konrad’s Hold > The Slaughter Shaft.
- Desolation’s Edge > Slaughterstar 3000.
These challenges are all repeatable, which offers a nice way of farming a large number enemies in a short amount of time.
Complete All Trials
Like the Circle of Slaughter Challenges above there are a total of six trials. These six trials are accessible by collecting Eridian Writings. Once you’ve collected enough, consoles on each planet will become useable. The consoles will lead you to trial locations. In total there are six trials to complete:
These trials are all repeatable, which offers a nice way of farming a large number enemies in a short amount of time.
Reach 100%+ Galaxy Progress
On the Galaxy page you can view your progress in percentage. This % progress tracks everything you’ve done across the various planets in the galaxy. If you’ve beaten the game and haven’t bother reaching 100% galaxy progress, you may want to. To reach 100% completion you need the following:
- 95 Missions.
- 223 Locations.
- 46 Fast Travel Stations.
- 30 Eridian Writing.
- 57 Red Chests.
- 194 Crew Challenges.
Bonus: Wait for Next Seasonal Update
Gearbox has already stated they will be rolling out a ton of bonus content in the foreseeable future. The first event slated for release is the Bloody Harvest seasonal update. This update brings a new halloween map to the title which includes new skins, enemies, and a new boss fight.