Pink Rathian Guide: Monster Weakness, Carves & Rewards, Armor Sets – Monster Hunter World
Once you’ve progressed through the Zorah Magdaros storyline of Monster Hunter: World, you will gain access to High Rank. This is basically the end game of Monster Hunter: World, and it is in this mode where you will find the most difficult monsters. One of the monsters you will fight in High Rank is called the Pink Rathian. This subspecies of Rathian is pink in color and really, really wants to kill you. Like all monsters before it, we must kill the Pink Rathian. To do this, use this Pink Rathian guide.
Pink Rathian Information
Location: Wildspire Waste, Coral Highlands
Species: Flying Wyvern
Weak To: Dragon 3⭐, Thunder 2⭐
Breakable/Severable (Weak Points): Tail (Weak Point), Head (Weak Point), Wings (Weak Point), Back
Material (Carves + High Rank Rewards):
Rath Wingtalon 4⭐
Rahian Webbing 3⭐
Rathian Plate ⭐
Rathian Ruby ⭐
Rath Wingtalon 3⭐
M Hardbone 3⭐
Inferno Sac 3⭐
Rathian Webbing 2⭐
Rathian Plate ⭐
Storyline Quest: Old World Monster in the New World
Reward Money: 12600 Z
Hunting Quest Text: We’ve finally tracked down the source of those mysterious tracks. Report to the Coral Highlands and seek it out! I’ll be expecting your report as soon as you’re done!
Characteristics: A subspecies with vibrant pink scales. Pink Rathians wield their toxic tails more deftly than normal Rathians, weakening prey with poison before moving in for the kill.
Useful Information: Pink Rathians develop hard shells on different body parts compared to standard Rathians, particularly on their rails. If you’re looking to sever its tail, aim for the relatively soft time of the tail.
Pink Rathian Fight Guide
Main Fight Mechanic: Poison + Fire+Roar
Poison: Poison in Monster Hunter: World, slowly drains the Hunter’s health. The status effect is denoted by two pink dots above the the health bar. While poisoned, you will also see your health bar turn purple to indicate the health drain. The way to cure poison is to use an Antidote.
Fireblight: When being afflicted with Fireblight, a small flame will appear over the hunter’s health bar (two for Severe), and the red health bar will turn red and begin to decrease. To cure this affliction, simply roll into water once, roll on the ground three times, or consume a Nulberry. When the Pink Rathian’s mouth has flames in it, you know fire attacks are coming.
Roar: Large monsters have the ability to roar. This ability disrupts whatever action the hunter was doing (stun locks you briefly). There’s not much you can do about it in the early game (you’ll get better armor perks later).
Fighting Pink Rathian can be a major pain, and is easily the hardest monster you’ve faced up to this point. The Pink Rathian, like its Rathian cousin, has a collection of moves it which can quickly kill you. Let’s take a look at the Pink Rathian’s attacks.
*I attempted to grab all the attacks I saw. Let me know if I missed some in The Pit.
- Charge – Charges the hunter while on the ground.
- Tailwhip – Like other monsters, Pink Rathian has a tailwhip it uses if your are behind it.
- Flip (Poison) – While hovering in the air, Pink Rathian can do a flip which hits you with its tail. This will poison you.
- Firebreath (Fire) – Shoots 3X fireballs while on the ground (similar to Pukei Poison Attack).
- Bite – Will try to bite you when near its head on the ground.
- Dive – Dive Bombs the hunter while flying.
Pink Rathian can be a tough fight. The monster is fast, mobile, and packs a serious punch. Here are a few tips to help make the fight a bit easier.
- Eat up – Head into the fight having eaten a meal from the Canteen (do this for every fight to make life easier).
- Bring Nullberry, Antidoate and Healing – Make sure you have Nullberry, Antidote and healing on you. Going into the fight without them makes it way harder.
- Wear Fire Resistant Armor: If you have access to it, wear some armor that has good fire resistance into this fight.
- Severe the Tail to Weaken Poison: If you want to get the poison dealt with, focus on severing the Pink Rathian’s tail.
- Exploit Elemental Weakness: This isn’t applicable for a first fight (you won’t have access to elemental weapons), but is useful if you want to farm. As noted above, Pink Rathian is especially weak to dragon elemental damage.
- Stand Beside its Head When Breathing Fire: When the Pink Rathian breathes fire, it is exposed for a few seconds. If you can get beside its head, you can deal damage to it while remaining safe.
- Hit and Run – Using the Hit and Run method in this fight is pretty useful. Run in and deal some damage then immediately retreat.
- Flash Pods/Flash Bombs – Bring Flash Pods and Flash Bombs to get flying wyverns out of the air.
- SOS – If you need to, send out an SOS and get some extra help from the MHW community.
Note: share your tips in the comments and I will add them here.
Rath Heart α+β Set (Rarity 6)
Human: All Materials are Pink Rathian Carves/Drops unless noted.
- Helm -2x Carapace, 4x Scale+, 3x Monster Hardbone, 3x Shamos Scale+
- Mail – 3x Scale+, 4x Carapace, 2x Rathian Spike+, 1x Novacrystal*
- Vambraces – 6x Carapace, 2x Scale+, 3x Rathian Spike+*, 1x Rathian Ruby*
- Coil – 3x Scale+, 4x Carapace, 4x Monster Hardbone, 1x Rathian Plate
- Greaves – 2x Carapace, 4x Spike+, 3x Monster Hardbone, 3x Shamos Hide+
3 Piece Set Bonus – Pink Rathian Mastery (Poison Duration Up): Extends the duration of your poison’s effect on monsters.
Palico Set: N/A