Borderlands 3: Moze Skill Tree
In Borderlands 3 there are four vault hunters for players to choose from. These vault hunters each play differently and feature different skill trees to spec into. Moze, the resident soldier class features multiple skills that emphasis taking and dealing huge damage. Let’s take a closer look at the Moze skill tree below.
Moze Skill Tree
Moze is Borderlands 3‘s soldier class. She posses an active ability which centres on Iron Bear, a large mech you can pilot in order to deal tons of damage to enemies. Moze’s skill tree is broken up into three sections: Bottomless Mags, Demolition Woman, and Shield of Retribution. Let’s take a closer look at each tree below.
Bottomless Mags Skill Tree
- (1) Action Skill: Minigun – The Minigun is capable of sustained rapid fire. Firing for long periods causes the Minigun to overheat, rendering it inoperable for a few seconds.
- (5) Passive Skill: Cloud of Lead – Occasionally, Moze’s and Iron Bear’s shots will deal additional Incendiary Damage and won’t consume ammo.
- (1) Passive Skill: Dakka Bear – Adds a manned turret to the back of Iron Bear.
- (5) Passive Skill: Matched Set – Moze’s currently equipped weapon gains a stacking bonus to Magazine Size and Decreased Heat Per Shot for every piece of equipped gear that has a matching manufacturer.
- (Minigun) Action Skill Augment: Let off Some Steam – Minigun deals more damage as heat increases, and can be fired for longer before overheating.
- (3) Passive Skill: Stoke the Embers – Increase Moze and Iron Bear’s Incendiary Damage
- (1) Passive Skill: Redistribution – After Moze scores a Critical Hit, she regenerates ammo for a few seconds.
- (5) Passive Skill: Scrappy – While moving, Moze’s Handling, Weapon Swap and Mode Switch Speed are increased.
- (1) Action Skill: Salamander – The Salamander is a flamethrower that deals Incendiary Damage to enemies at close range. Though the Salamander has infinite ammo, it drains Fuel with use.
- (Minigun) Action Skill Augment: General Winter – Minigun fires Cryo rounds which reduce Heat Gain and Fuel Drain, but deal reduced damage.
- (1) Passive Skill: Rushin’ Offensive – Moze can sprint and shoot at the same time.
- (5) Passive Skill: Scorching RPM’s – Moze gains increased Fire Rate and Critical Hit Damage.
- (Salamander) Action Skill Augment: Fuel Economy – Reduces Salamander’s Fuel Drain. Additionally, Iron Bear’s Movement Speed is increased after damaging an enemy with Salamander.
- (Minigun) Action Skill Augment: Exploding. Bullets. – Minigun fires Explosive Rounds that deal increased Splash Damage, but its Fire Rate is decreased.
- (5) Passive Skill: The Iron Bank – Increases Moze’s Magazine Size.
- (1) Passive Skill: Specialist Bear – Equipping to of the same Weapons on Iron Bear increases the damage they deal.
- (Salamander) Action Skill Augment: Chemical Warfare – Salamander now deals Corrosive Damage. Additionally, Salamander’s Melt Damage is increased.
- (1) Passive Skill: Some for the Road – Moze gains infinite ammo for a few seconds after exiting Iron Bear.
- (3) Passive Skill: Click, Click… – Moze gains increased Gun Damage as her magazine empties. The less ammo there is remaining, the greater the increase. If Moze has a COV gun equipped, she gains Gun Damage as her gun’s heat increases.
- (Salamander) Action Skill Augment: Molten Roar – The Salamander burst-fires 3 projectiles with increased Fuel Drain, the first of which leaves a large incendiary area.
- (1) Passive Skill: Forge – Moze constantly regenerates ammo for her currently equipped weapon.
Demolition Woman Skill Tree
- (1) Action Skill: V-35 Grenade Launcher – The V-35 is a semi-automatic grenade launcher. Its grenades are not affected by Moze’s equipped grenade mod.
- (5) Passive Skill: Fire in the Skag Den – Whenever Moze deals Splash Damage, she deals bonus Incendiary Damage.
- (3) Passive Skill: Deadlines – Firing Iron Bear Weapons drains less Fuel. Killing an enemy while Iron Bear is active increases Fuel. This skill has diminishing returns.
- (5) Passive Skill: Grizzled – Kill Skill. Killing an enemy reduces Moze’s remaining Action Skill Cooldown Time. This skill has diminishing returns.
- (V-35) Action Skill Augment: Shaped Charge – Direct hits with the V-35 deal increased damage.
- (3) Passive Skill: Means of Destruction – Whenever Moze deals Splash Damage, there is a chance to add ammo to her currently equipped weapon’s magazine, with a smaller chance to return a grenade.
- (5) Passive Skill: Torgue Cross-Promotion – All Splash Damage dealt by Moze has a chance to double in size.
- (5) Passive Skill: Stainless Steel Bear – Iron Bear gains additional armor and increased Maximum Fuel.
- (1) Action Skill: Vanquisher Rocket Pod – The Vanquisher Rocket Pod is a rocket launcher capable of rapid-firing volleys of unguided explosive rockets.
- (V-35) Action Skill Augment: Musical Chairs – Occasionally, the V-35 fires a Singularity Grenade that pulls in nearby enemies before exploding.
- (3) Passive Skill: Pull the Holy Pin – Moze’s grenades have a chance to score a Critical Hit, dealing greatly increased damage. Sources of Critical Hit Damage do not affect grenade Critical Hits.
- (1) Passive Skill: Auto Bear – After Moze exits Iron Bear, it will remain deployed in place for a short time. While Auto Bear remains active, it will target and attack nearby enemies until its duration ends, then it will charge at an enemy and self-destruct.
- (Vanquisher) Action Skill Augment: Active Tracking – The Vanquisher Rocket Pod now fires homing rockets and has increased Reload Speed. Hold down RMB and aim at enemies to designate up to 6 targets. Releasing Fire Button launches a volley of homing rockets at the designated targets.
- (V-35) Action Skill Augment: Lock and Speedload – The V-35’s Reload Speed is greatly increased and it now fires a 5-round burst.
- (5) Passive Skill: Vampyr – Whenever Moze damages an enemy with a thrown grenade, for every enemy hit, she restores a portion of her missing health.
- (3) Passive Skill: Why Can’t I Carry All These Grenades? – Increase Moze’s grenade carrying capacity.
- (Vanquisher) Action Skill Augment: Target Softening – The Vanquisher Rocket Pod deals greatly reduced damage per rocket, but fires in a 6-rocket spread. Additionally, enemies hit by Vanquisher Rocket Pod rockets take increased damage from all sources.
- (1) Passive Skill: To the Last – Moze gains the ability to throw grenades while in Fight For You Life. If she threw a grenade before gaining Second Win, a grenade is refunded.
- (5) Passive Skill: Explosive Punctuation – When Moze deals Splash Damage, her Action Skill Cooldown Rate is briefly increased.
- (Vanquisher) Action Skill Augment: Hammerdown Protocol – Instead of a volley of conventional rockets, the Vanquisher Rocket Pod launches a single rocket with a nuclear warhead, dealing massive Radiation Damage.
- (1) Passive Skill: Short Fuse – Whenever Moze deals Gun Damage, there is a chance of a secondary explosion centered on the target.
Shield of Retribution Skill Tree
- (1) Action Skill: Rail Gun – The Railgun fires electrified high-velocity projectiles that deal Shock Damage.
- (5) Passive Skill: Selfless Vengeance – Whenever Moze reloads, she loses a small portion of her health and grants additional Incendiary Damage to her and her allies’ rounds for a few seconds.
- (1) Passive Skill: Security Bear – Iron Bear gains bubble shield that reduces damage taken. The shield deactivates if it sustains too much damage, reactivating after a short cooldown.
- (5) Passive Skill: Armored Infantry – While Moze’s shields are active, she gains Damage Reduction and increased Gun Damage.
- (Railgun) Action Skill Augment: Hell on Rails – Railgun now fires superheated rounds that deal Incendiary Damage, but have increased Fuel Drain per shot.
- (5) Passive Skill: Drowning in Brass – Kill Skill. Killing an enemy grants Moze a stack of Drowning in Brass. For each stack of Drowning in Brass, Moze’s Fire Rate is reduced, but Gun Damage is increased for both her and her allies.
- (3) Passive Skill: Thin Red Line – A portion of Moze’s health is Reserved and cannot be restored, but her Maximum Shield is increased by the same amount.
- (5) Passive Skill: Vladof Ingenuity – Moze’s Maximum Shield is increased, and she gains resistance to Shock Damage.
- (1) Action Skill: Bear Fist – The Bear Fist is a pneumatic-driven fist that deals massive damage to a single target at close range.
- (Railgun) Action Skill Augment: Capacitive Armature -When Railgun hits an enemy, it chains to nearby enemies, dealing reduced Shock Damage to more targets.
- (1) Passive Skill: Full Can of Whoop-Ass – Entering Iron Bear causes Moze’s and her allies shields to immediately begin recharging at an increased Shield Recharge Rate.
- (1) Passive Skill: Experimental Munitions – Whenever Moze scores a Critical Hit, she deals bonus Incendiary Damage.
- (Bear Fist) Action Skill Augment: Wild Swing – Whenever Bear Fist hits an enemy, it deals random bonus Elemental Damage to that enemy and all enemies nearby.
- (Railgun) Action Skill Augment: Corrosive Sabot Round – Railgun now fires a specialty round that deals reduced damage and explodes after a short delay. Railgun shots have reduced Fuel Drain and the Magazine Size is increased.
- (3) Passive Skill: Behind the Iron Curtain – Moze’s Shield Recharge Delay is reduced, and her Shield Recharge Rate is increased.
- (3) Passive Skill: Desperate Measures – Moze’s Gun Damage is increased depending on how low her health is. The lower her health, the greater the increase.
- (Bear Fist) Action Skill Augment: Close the Distance – Instead of punching, Bear Fist now launches its fist forward and grabs enemies at greatly increased range, dealing Shock Damage and pulling them back to Iron Bear.
- (5) Passive Skill: Phalanx Doctrine – Kill Skill. After killing an enemy, Moze gains a stack of Phalanx Doctrine. For every stack of Phalanx Doctrine, Moze’s Maximum Shield and Gun Damage are increased. Each stack lasts 30 seconds. There is no stack limit.
- (1) Passive Skill: Force Feedback – Whenever Moze scores a Critical Kill, her shields immediately begin recharging.
- (Bear Fist) Action Skill Augment: Shockhammer – Bear Fist is now capable of sustained rapid fire punching. Additionally, Bear Fist has reduced Fuel Drain and deals Bonus Shock Damage with each hit.
- (1) Passive Skill: Tenacious Defense – Whenever Moze’s shield is fully depleted, she instantly restores a portion of her shield, and her Gun Damage is increased for a short time. This skill can only trigger after Moze’s shields have fully recharged.
While levelling up your skill trees on Moze, keep in mind that you can level across all 3 of Moze’s Skill Trees so you can really mix up your build.