How to Vote on The Game Awards 2023

The Game Awards logo.

As December approaches, so does the much-anticipated annual event, The Game Awards. Hosted by Geoff Keighley, it’s a celebration honoring developers for their games released throughout the year. Fans can vote to help determine who receives the rewards. To learn how to vote on The Game Awards 2023, see our guide below.

Voting is straightforward. First you need to head to The Game Awards’ official website. Once you are on the website navigate to the Nominees page. On this page select Start Voting or View All Categories. If you selected start voting you will arrive on the GOTY page. If you select categories you will go to a page on which you can select one of the 31 announced categories, to go to that voting page.

To be take part in the voting process, you’ll need to either register or log in through the voting page. Upon successful login, you can proceed to submit your votes for your favorite nominees in each category.

You can easily navigate through the award categories and by pushing the provided navigation arrows at the top of each category page. This makes the voting process much quicker than backing out of each page.

Prior to casting your vote, it’s essential to note that fan votes contribute a mere 10% to the final result, with the remaining 90% decided by a specifically chosen jury.

The reasoning behind this setup is due to the possibility of vote manipulation. More details regarding the split and who the Jury is can be located on The Game Award’s FAQ page.

Scheduled for Thursday, December 7, The Game Awards will take place at the Peacock Theater in Los Angeles.

You can catch the live airing of the show on YouTube and Twitch, starting at 7:30 pm ET / 4:30 pm PT.

 
 

enricofairme

A lifelong gamer who has devoted the last six years to the creation and development of "Hold To Reset," a website tailored by gamers for gamers. Yell your hot takes at him on X.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.