Days Gone Skills List
In Days Gone, the main character Deacon St. John earns experience for the different activities he does. This experience can be used to level up abilities in three classes: Melee, Ranged, and Survival. Below is the complete Days Gone skills list.
How to Access Skills in Days Gone
To access your skills lists in Days Gone, click the pad on your PlayStation controller. Doing this brings up a menu featuring Story, Map, Skills, and Inventory. To access skills, swipe down. this will bring up your skills menu. On the skills menu there are three categories: Melee Combat, Ranged Combat, and Survival. Interact with the icon of the category you want more details for/to spend skill points on.
Melee Combat Skills in Days Gone
There are a total of 15 melee skills for you to unlock in Days Gone. The melee skills are as follows:
- Escape Artist: Kill smaller enemies after successfully escaping from a grapple.
- Field Repairs: Ability to repair melee weapons with scrap.
- Juice Up: Improves the initial recovery and duration of a Stamina Cocktail.
- Hard Hitter: Increase the damage of both crafted and found melee weapons.
- Busted Lip: Regenerates stamina for every melee kill.
- Talk Shit, Get Hit: Ability to perform longer combos with melee weapons.
- Lightning Reflexes: Ability to roll quickly to recover from a knock down.
- Bull Rush: Ability to stun a normal human enemy or swarmer with a melee attack while sprinting.
- The Reckoning: Gives melee weapons a chance for a critical takedown on humans, swarmers, and newts. Does not work with the Boot Knife.
- Just Roll With It: Drastically reduces stamina cost from rolling.
- Rock On: Ability to stun weaker enemies by hitting them with a rock.
- Home Run: Significantly increases the damage of both crafted and found melee weapons.
- Retribution: Increases the chance of a critical hit or takedown by 25%.
- Switch It Up: Boot knife combos do twice the normal damage.
- Executioner: Ability to stealth attack heavy freakers. Also adds the ability to kill heavy freakers an large animals while escaping a grapple.
Ranged Combat Skills in Days Gone
There are a total of 15 ranged skills for you to unlock in Days Gone. The ranged skills are as follows:
- Focused Shot: Ability to activate focus while aiming a ranged weapon.
- Fight and Flight; Move and aim a ranged weapon with more precision.
- Vicious Cycle: Ability to follow a melee attack with a ranged attack for massive damage.
- Suppressing Fire: When in focus, ranged weapons will have an increased power to stop weaker enemies.
- Crowd Control: Reduces the cooldown of focus.
- Hyperfocus: Improves the initial recovery and duration of a focus cocktail.
- On The Move: Ability to reload ranged weapon while sprinting.
- Iron Grip: Significantly reduces ranged weapon recoil.
- Nocked Up: Significantly increases crossbow bolt damage.
- Under Pressure: No longer consume focus when reloading a ranged weapon.
- Quick Reload: Reduces the reload times for ranged weapons.
- Deadshot: Increases ranged weapon accuracy.
- Up The Ante: Increases ammo capacity for all ranged weapons.
- Two Birds, One Bullet: Increases projectile penetration for ranged weapons.
- Head Rush: Headshot kills recover health.
Survival Skills in Days Gone
The final category of skills in Days Gone is called Survival. Like the other categories there are a total of 15 skills for you to unlock. The Survival skills are as follows:
- Eye For Detail: Increases the time that icons display in Survival Vision.
- Hawkeyed: Plants are displayed on the Mini-map.
- Thorn In Your Side: Provides a chance to retrieve some bolts that have been fired from your crossbow.
- Eagle-Eyed: Increases the range of Survival Vision.
- Thief in the Night: Generate less noise when moving or dropping.
- Green Thumb: Ability to gather double the plants when collecting them.
- The Butcher: Increases the amount of meat gatehred from animals.
- Catch Your Breath: Reduces cooldown on stamina recovery.
- Ear to the Ground: Outlines enemies in Survival Vision.
- Monkey Wrench: Doubles the effectiveness of scrap while repairing the bike.
- Second Wind: Gives an extra burst of adrenaline when low on health.
- Carry That Weight: Increases the inventory space for crafting components, traps, and throwables.
- The Alchemist: Improves the initial recovery and duration of a health cocktail.
- Shape Up: Significantly increases stamina regeneration rates.
- Six Feet Over: Regain some stamina when taking damage.
That’s all 45 available skills in Days Gone. As you can see there are a number of diverse skills for players to unlock for Deacon. What skills have you found to be good? Bad? Let me know in the comments.