Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 Clans List
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 is an upcoming title out of Paradox Interactive which revolves around the politics of being a vampire in Seattle after a human led Mass Embrace. During the time the game takes place the different Vampire clans are in turmoil with one another, causing you to have to pick a side. Check out our Bloodlines 2 clans list to see which faction you might want to join.
Information on this page taken from the Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 website and Paradox Interactive YouTube channel.
Thinblood Clan Description: “Despite being permitted in the city, many thinbloods don’t survive very long. With little understanding of what they are or the rules of Kindred society, they face a struggle to simply exist in a city carved up by established political factions. Many are killed when they pose a threat to the Masquerade. A few find work as grunts and runners for the less scrupulous denizens of Seattle. It’s a hard, short life for most thinbloods in Seattle, but it’s also a city of opportunity for the few that can navigate their way into the higher circles of vampire society. “
The thinblood clan offers an interesting look at being a new vampire. Since these vampires are new to turning, they lack understanding of how things work in Seattle. This often leads to breaking of the rules of the Kindred society. As new vampires the thinbloods have an interesting mix of Disciplines:
- CHIROPTERAN: “This Thinblood discipline calls on the vampire’s strong affinity to bats, allowing her to move through the air and summon swarms.“
- MENTALISM: “This Thinblood discipline allows the vampire to manipulate objects through telekinesis – allowing them to even pull weapons from enemies’ hands.“
- NEBULATION: “This Thinblood discipline allow the vampire to call on her affinity to mist, allowing her to summon and command it: “This Thinblood discipline allow the vampire to call on her affinity to mist, allowing her to summon and command it.”
Brujah Clan Description: “Generally, Brujah gather at a “bash”, which can be loosely summed up as a sort of fight club for the undead. They use these events to assert their physical superiority to the rest of the clans and to celebrate the raw power of their bloodline. That’s not to say they don’t invite other clans to enter, but it’s rare that any but the Brujah dominate the bash. The champions of these fights are rumored to make good money hiring themselves out as muscle for anyone who can afford them. Supposedly, business is booming in Seattle these nights…”
The Brujah clan is Seattle’s muscle. This clan of vampires likes to act a muscle for anyone that can afford their services. As muscle/strength is a large party of being a Brujah, this clan has access to two interesting Disciplines (plus those of the Thinbloods):
- POTENCE: “The signature Discipline of the Brujah imbues their undead bodies with the pinnacle of raw Kindred strength. Nobody underestimates the strength of a Brujah twice.”
- CELERITY: “Some Kindred strike faster, dodge quicker, and escape more nimbly than any mortal creature could hope to. They use Celerity, the Discipline of pushing their bodies’ speed beyond all limits.“
Tremere Clan Description: “In nights long before Seattle, the Tremere were something else. Back then, as occultists seeking immortality, they found a way to live forever – but not on their own terms. The heavy price they paid bound their magic to blood, with it becoming both the focus of their powers and the cost for using them. The mostly forgotten origin of their curse still colors their interactions with other Kindred, who mistrust them instinctually. History repeats itself for the Tremere, with war, suspicion and grudges marking both their origin and their modern nights.”
Tremere are the warlocks of the vampire world. These vampires are often mistrusted by the other clans for their use of knowledge secret only to the Tremere clan. While initially not allowed in large numbers in Seattle, the fall of the Pyramid more have moved into the city. As a warlock type the Tremere have access to two types of Disciplines:
- THAUMATURGY: “Few secrets are guarded more jealously by the Tremere than their signature Discipline: Blood sorcery. Followers of the Path of Blood gain almost unparalleled destructive power.“
- AUSPEX: “Nothing stays hidden to those who master the Discipline of Auspex. By expanding their own senses beyond the boundaries of their bodies, these Kindred inch ever closer to their personal idea of perfection.“
Toreador Clan Description: “Obsessed with beauty in all forms, there are those Toreador who would claim that their Clan only chooses the most accomplished artists of each generation – whether they wielded the brush, the pen, their voice, body or mind. It’d only be half a lie. There are true visionaries among the Clan of the Rose, but it also contains its share of one-hit wonders and posers embraced in a moment of fleeting passion. All of them are cursed to spend eternity between the short-lived bliss of true beauty…“
This vampire clan is one of the oldest and most powerful clans in Seattle. The clan focuses on building and creating beauty. As a member of this clan you gain access to two unique disciplines:
- PRESENCE: “Toreador relish in their ability to turn a crowd into an audience, distraction into rapt attention, and aggression into adoration, by just entering the room. Their signature Discipline of Presence is at the root of this supernatural charm.”
- CELERITY: “Some Kindred are faster, dodge more elegantly, and can move with unimaginable grace. They use Celerity, the Discipline of pushing their bodies’ speed beyond mortal imagination.”
Ventrue Clan Description: “The blood of rulers has flown in the veins of the Ventrue since time immemorial – be they high priests, emperors, investment bankers, or chairmen of the board. No surprise then that lineage and loyalty are held in high esteem; even less that others might mistake them for pompous nepotists. The Clan of Kings sees the truth: they are the architects of vampire society, the guardians of the Masquerade. In these modern nights, they are the only thing to stand between the Kindred and extinction. Knowing this, how could they not stick together, to better weather the onslaught? To command the right to rule, for everyone’s betterment? And to swiftly deal with anyone to fall short of these exacting standards?“
The Ventrue clan is filled with opportunists. As Seattle grows and becomes home to billion dollar business, the Ventrue have positioned themselves to take advantage of the boom. This has led their clan to become rather prosperous. With prosper comes power, and with power comes enemies. As a member of the Ventrue clan players get access to two special disciplines:
- DOMINATE: “Guardians of the Masquerade and Princes of uncounted cities, it runs in the Ventrues’ blood to be obeyed. Their signature Discipline allows them to Dominate the actions and memories of others.“
- FORTITUDE: “Few things truly worry the vampire who masters Fortitude, the Discipline of physical resilience. After all, why fear the battle when you are certain to outlast your foe?“
Malkavian Clan Description: “None of the many nicknames for Clan Malkav – “Lunatics”, “Jesters”, “Visionaries”, “Madmen”, and so on – is as fitting as “Oracles”. To be of the Clan is to understand things nobody else does; and to be affected by that understanding. Among the clan, this shows itself in psychosis, depression, compulsive disorders, or uncounted other mental illnesses. This hasn’t kept the Clan of the Moon from finding a place in Kindred society. Advisers, strategists, preachers, hunters and yes, rulers; all Malkavians walk their very own path. “
There is a heavy bias in Seattle against the Malkavian Clan. Due to this bias, the clan has found it difficult to carve at space in the Seattle area. While a few Malkavians have been able to secure less desirable areas, most struggle in dealing with the bias that exists. As a member of the Malkavian clan, vampires get access to access to two special disciplines:
- DEMENTATION: “All Malkavians see further than a mortal could. No Malkavian is left untouched by what they see. Their signature Discipline allows the clan’s members to impart an imperfect version of their psychosis on others, with often drastic results.“
- AUSPEX: “Nothing stays hidden to those who gain the Discipline of Auspex. Their senses expanding beyond the boundaries of their bodies, these Kindred slip ever deeper into their condition.”
This ends our Bloodlines 2 clans list. As you can see there are a number of diverse and interesting clans for players to join. Which do you think you will join? Let me know in the comments below.
None of them, I’ll pick up the game after Gangrel are added.