Things to Do After Beating Shadow of the Tomb Raider
When you make it to the end of Shadow of the Tomb Raider, you are probably curious as to what you should do having completed the game. This post will help you figure out some endgame content to complete. Let’s get started with these things to do after beating Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
Complete All 9 Challenge Tombs
Scattered throughout the different areas of Shadow of the Tomb Raider are Challenge Tombs. These tombs are essentially optional tombs which require more puzzle solving than the run of the mill experiences during the main storyline. If you haven’t already, head back and complete all 9 Challenge Tombs found in Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Completing each tomb unlocks different rewards including perks. For a full list of all Challenge Tombs, continue reading below:
- Judge’s Gaze (Location: Peruvian Jungle): Unlocks the Caiman’s Heart perk.
- Underworld Gate (Location: Peruvian Jungle): Unlocks the Eagle’s Perch perk.
- Howling Caves (Location: Kuwaq Yaku): Unlocks the Huracan’s Mantle.
- Path of Battle (Location: The Hidden City): Unlocks the Sip’s Quiver.
- Temple of the Sun (Location: The Hidden City): Unlocks Hoatzin’s Hunger.
- Ancient Aqueduct (Location: The Hidden City): Unlocks the Jaguar’s Paw perk.
- San Cordoba (Location: Cenote): Unlocks the Caiman’s Breath II perk.
- Tree of Life (Location: Mission of San Juan): Unlocks the Kinich Ahau’s Boon perk.
- Thirsty Gods (Location: Mission of San Juan): Unlocks the Sip’s Strike perk.
Currently (September 26th, 2018), there are only these 9 Challenge Tombs in the game. As more DLC is released, expect there to be 7 more additions to the total amount of Challenge Tombs available. If you’ve beaten the game, but haven’t played through all of the current Challenge Tombs, I highly recommend it. Some of the rewards are awesome.
Complete the Many Side Quests
There are a number of side quests available to complete in Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Some of these side quests are simple, while others are more involved. Completing side quests is a good way of gaining some good loot as well as exploring NPC stories and the world overall. In total there are 12 side quests you can complete:
- Deal with the Pillagers (Location: Kuwaq Yaku): Unlocks the River Hawk pistol.
- Find Takiy’s Dice (Location: The Hidden City): Unlocks both the Lockpick and Rope Ascender Skill (requires 6100 gold).
- Retrieve the King’s Horn (Location: The Hidden City): Unlocks the next section of this side quest.
- Get the Saviour’s Amulet (Location: The Hidden City).
- Retrieve the Champion’s Bow (Location: The Hidden City): Unlocks Manko’s tunic.
- Free the Rebels (Location: The Hidden City): Unlocks the Ch’amaka Greaves and the next section of the quest.
- Save Colqui (Location: The Hidden City).
- Investigate Sumaqu’s Murder (Location: The Hidden City).
- Decipher the Murals (Location: The Hidden City).
- Stop the Ritual (Location: The Hidden City): Unlocks the Heart of the Eagle bow.
- Save Hakan (Location: The Hidden City): Unlocks the Knife upgrade.
- Explore the local Mysteries (Location: Mission of San Juan).
Completing most of these side quests earns you some pretty sweet loot. If you missed any side quests before beating the game, circle back and complete them before heading into your next playthrough.
Gather Every Artifact
As you travelled through the various areas and tombs in Shadow of the Tomb Raider, you probably stumbled across a few Artifacts. Artifacts are a form of collectible in Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and there are a ton to find. If you want to make your life easier, I highly recommend checking out this guide from PowerPyx which shows every single artifacts location. If you collect every single artifact you unlock the Dr. Croft trophy/achievement.
Unlock all Trophies/Achievements
There are a total of 63 Trophies/Achievements to earn while playing through Shadow of the Tomb Raider. To help you get all achievements, playthrough the game on easy first to gather all collectibles and then playthrough the game on Deadly Obsession to get all difficulty achievements. If you want to see all Trophies/Achievements, check out this list right here.
Playthrough Shadow of the Tomb Raider on New Game +
When you complete a first playthrough of Shadow of the Tomb Raider, you will unlock New Game + mode. In New Game + you carry over all your equipment and skills into a new playthrough. This mode allows you to easily max out Lara Croft and collect everything into one single file. If you want to experience the game again, but don’t want to start from square one, New Game + is the mode for you. Note: You can still explore Patiti in the save file after beating the game, but you will not have access to every area.
Wait for DLC Content
If you’ve read this far and have completed everything on this list, there isn’t much left for you to do in Shadow of the Tomb Raider. All that’s really left for you is to wait for the DLC content that is on the horizon. Content for Shadow of the Tomb Raider will launch every month until April 2019. These content packs will include a Challenge Tomb Weapon, Outfit, Skill and Narrative Side Mission. Take a look at the roadmap above to get an idea of the DLC schedule for Shadow of the Tomb Raider.