Terraria Passed 20 Million Copies Sold
Back in 2011 a small indie game would hit the scene and become a gaming sensation. Terraria, developed by Re-Logic, was this game. For those of you who don’t know Terraria, the game is a 2d sandbox/fighting/building/crafting game which is stuffed full of content. As Terraria holds a soft spot in my heart, I was excited to hear Re-Logic announce that Terraria passed 20 million copies sold. Some interesting points from the announcement below:
Launch: May 2011
- PC Only
- ~250 Items
- 6 NPCs (7 if you count the Old Man)
- 20 Enemies
- 3 Bosses
- 10 Biomes
- Game “ended” with the Dungeon, explorable upon defeating the final boss of the game at the time, Skeletron
- ~20.5 Million Copies Sold (8.5m alone in the 18 months since 1.3 on PC!)
- Available across one of the widest arrays of gaming platforms of any game ever: PC/Mac/Linux, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS VITA, PS4, Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and Amazon mobile devices
- ~3,800 Items
- 25 NPCs (26 if you count the Old Man)
- ~350 Enemies
- 16 Bosses (plus 9 mini-bosses!)
- 27 Biomes (Plus a number of “mini-biomes” such as Pyramids or Living Trees)
- Handful of Optional “Events” (The Moons, Invasions, etc)
- Game “ends” with Moonlord, though optional content remains
- Expert Mode for those with the skills to take on the ultimate Challenge!
- Numerous Quality of Life Improvements (Too many to mention, really!)
- ….and we still have more planned to come your way!
Terraria is a phenomenal game which should be on any gamers bucket list. What is also exciting is that Re-Logic has announced a sequel to Terraria called Terraria Otherworld. While no word has come on when to expect Terraria Otherworld check back to Hold to Reset as we learn more.