Project Playtime Luck of the Irish Update Patch Notes
It has only been a few weeks since there was a seasonal themed event for Valentine’s Day in Project Playtime, but already there is anew one available. To celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day Project Playtime is hosting a holiday themed event from March 10-24th. Alongside the holiday content the patch today added a few tweaks to the game. To read the full details, see the complete Project Playtime Luck of the Irish update patch notes below.
Saint Patty’s Day Event Patch Notes
The Project Playtime St. Patrick’s Day patch is now available to download on Steam. This patch brings with it a bunch of bug fixes and additions to the game. The main focus of the patch is to add new items to the Project Playtime shop. These new items are all themed around St. Patrick’s Day and include a themed skins, gesture, hand, grab pack, and mask. All of these can be bought in-game using in-game currency.
Besides adding new cosmetics to the game, this patch also address a large number of bugs that have been plaguing the multiplayer title of late. Many of these bugs were exploits that players could use to win. Hopefully these changes fix the problems and give players a more balanced experience while they play the game.
- Added indicator on all 3 sides of pillars to display how many puzzles are solved on that pillar
- Toy part now comes out of the pillar’s doors
- Increased number of rounds for the Reflex puzzle from 10 -> 16
- Reduced auto-revive time from 60s -> 30s
- Improved first-person animations when using grabpack
- Added animations for breathing in lockers
Perks and Sabotages:
Power Walker has been changed to Roly Poly
- Level 1 grants 1.5x roll distance, Level 2 grants 2x roll distance, Level 3 grants 2.5x roll distance.
- Roll cooldown reduced from 5s -> 4.25s
- Roll cooldown now starts when the roll ends
Distant Savior Number Adjustments
- Level 1: 20% faster revive time
- Level 2: 30% faster revive time
- Level 3: 40% faster revive time
Leave No Trace rework
- Players without the perk will leave footsteps always, whether crouching, walking, or sprinting.
- Crouching with this perk equipped for 0.25s will make all existing footsteps quickly disappear
- Level 1: no footsteps while crouching
- Level 2: no footsteps while walking
- Level 3: no footsteps ever
- This does not change audio cues, only visual footprints.
Developer note: No Trace wasn’t very useful before. This should make it viable to run, and the other adjustments should increase the risk associated with not running it.
Shadow Walker number adjustments
- Level 1: 50% faster crouch move speed
- Level 2: 75% faster crouch move speed
- Level 3: 100% faster crouch move speed
Think Fast rework
- Now reduces the number of rounds on the Reflex puzzle
- Level 1: 2 fewer rounds
- Level 2: 4 fewer rounds
- Level 3: 6 fewer rounds
Developer note: the Reflex puzzle was very fast to complete, and the old Think Fast perk wasn’t very strong. Increasing the required rounds to 16, and reworking a perk to allow players to effectively revert the puzzle to its pre-patch numbers, should increase the difficulty while increasing the viability of running this perk.
- Grabpacks can be repaired instantly, and survivors get UI showing who needs their grabpack fixed
- Level 1: Sabotage lasts 5 seconds
- Level 2: Sabotage lasts 10 seconds
- Level 3: Sabotage lasts 15 seconds
Developer note: No Pack wasn’t very fun to play against, and repairing took way too long to be worth it. This change hopefully reduces some frustration surrounding this sabotage, while increasing the skill required to use it effectively.
- Shamrock Survivor Skin
- Leprechaun Outfit
- Leprechaun Beard
- Lady Luck Mommy Skin
- Lucky Hands
- Pot of Gold Grabpack
- Fingers Crossed Gesture
- Items in store can now be previewed before purchasing
- All hair items are now colorable
- Added equip animations
- Updated ponytail hair model to match style of other hair cosmetics
- In-game Scoreboard for Survivors
- See how your teammates are doing, what perks they have, and more
- Indicator for players who need their grabpack repaired during the No Pack sabotage
- Added setting for Grabpack volume
- Improved perk selection screen user flow
- Displays all 3 perk slots clearly
- Allows for un-equipping perks
- Improved style of various texts throughout the game
- Reduced Result Screen time from 30s -> 15s
- Added more variants for overall result of match
- Fixed camera clipping when carried by monster
- Fixed floating hands in the lobby
- Fixed potential crash related to music switching
- Fixed some clipping with Princess Dress
- Fixed survivors being able to enter lockers while No Escape sabotage is active
- Fixed Spanish not appearing as a localization option
- Fixed invalid sessions sometimes appearing in server browser
- Fixed wrong character showing up in customize menu
- Fixed invisible one-way audio walls in Theater and Factory
- Fixed Genius perk not doing anything
- Fixed visibility issues with footprints
- Updated Credits
- Fixed Limit FPS not working as expected
- Fixed ticket reward inconsistencies
- Fixed lobby music playing in tutorial
- Various fixes for jumpscare reliability
- Fixed pressing “Enter” as monster locking movement for 5 seconds
- Fixed “repair puzzles” indicator not showing for monsters
- Fixed not being able to wear masks with ponytail equipped
- Fixed lighting and normals on many cosmetics
- Fixed default survivor skin UVs
- Booby Trap Sabotage activation now properly notifies monster of location of sabotage
- Fixed various UI masking issues
Project Playtime is a multiplayer title from Mob Games. This title is a spinoff from the highly successful Poppy Playtime series. It is currently available free-to-play on PC.
Thoughts on the Project Playtime Luck of the Irish update? Drop them in the comments below.