The Division: Conflict Update (1.2)
With the month of May coming to a close here rather soon, Massive has unleashed a torrent of information on the Division’s May update now known formally as “Conflict”. Massive is releasing the free update to users on console and PC May 24th. Here is what players can expect from the “Conflict” update on Tuesday.
- A new Incursion mode set in Columbus Circle. Known as Clear Sky, this Incursion will pit Agents against Rikers, who have captured formerly LMB – controlled anti air missile launchers. By controlling these weapons, Rikers are able to shoot down supply drops, intended for the people of New York. As I have done a terrible job explaining the plot, just watch the trailer
- The map is located outside, and will have variable weather.
- Gear Score recommendation for hard is 160
- Will feature a checkpoint, so wiping does not return you to the beginning
- Only Hard Mode will be available at launch (guessing they are gonna check for exploits)
- As mentioned in my post here, PvE is getting some new missions for Agents to take on. High-value targets will be given by an officer inside the BoO.
- Players will trade in Intel Tokens (see below) for contracts.
- The recommended Gear Score and level will be displayed alongside the ‘contract’ and players will have a limited amount of time and only one chance to take down the HVTs.
- Higher level contracts will drop better gear.
- Search and Destroy missions will be found on Situation Boards throughout the various Safe Houses.
- You will have to have completed all Encounters and Side mission before being able to take on an S&D.
- S&D will involve you looking for and killing a group of mobs
- Clearing a S&D will give the player an Intel Token, and clearing a whole District will get you an additional two IT.
- The Dark Zone is another area that is getting reworked. Players will now be able to cut the rope of the extracting helicopter, causing all the loot to drop.
- If a player ‘cuts the rope’ they will immediately turn Rogue. The emphasis of this feature is to make extracting more tense.
- A stash was added to all DZ checkpoints
- Sealed Caches will drop from enemies randomly and will vary in rarity. They can contain anything from credits to gear
- They must be extracted before you know what is in them
- Loot system reworked
- New Gear sets are coming:
- 50% Exotic Damage Resilience (2)
- 15% Protection From Elites (3)
- When damaging a hostile with a grenade, gain the defuse buff. When in range of a hostile grenade, the buff is consumed and defuses the grenade as well as gives you a grenade (4)
- 20% Marksman Rifle Critical Hit Damage (2)
- 20% Damage to Elites (3)
- Hitting an enemy with a bullet grants you temporary armor. The further your shot, the more armor. The armor disappears after one bullet hits you. (4)
- 100% Ammo Capacity (2)
- 1000 LMG Damage & 1000 Shotgun Damage (3)
- When the weapon is holstered, it regains full ammo. (4)
- 20% Optimal Range (2)
- 800 Assault Rifle Damage & 700 Pistol Damage (3)
- Hit 10 shots without switching target to make the target bleed for 100% of damage already done by those bullets. (4)
- Gear Score has not been touched at all, so the highest item level will still be 240.
- There are new level 32 weapon mods
- New named HE weapons:
- Hungry Hog M60 LMG
- Centurion M1911 Pistol
- Medved Saiga-12 Shotgun
- Historian M1A MMR (why? lol)
- Armor cap increased to 75%
- Nomad Set can drop from other areas (not just Dank Zone)
- Talents changed
- Sentry’s Call change
- Level 34 Shotgunners and Snipers nerfed
It will be interesting to see how the new changes play out. I am excited to see that Massive is listening to the users, however presentation is only half the battle, execution of the new patch needs to be near perfection.