Dark Souls 3 Update Changes Weapon Balance
Dark Souls 3 has been out for a while now (since April), but that doesn’t mean FromSoftware has stopped releasing game update. On July 1st, FromSoftware dropped a new update on players, changing some of the current weapon balance. Most noteworthy are changes to both the Dark Sword and Anri’s Straight Sword, which saw their effectiveness decreased. Other weapons received some minor buffs and tweaks also. The full change log is below:
- All Dagger weapons: increased critical attack power.
- Dark Sword: reduced weapon efficiency.
- Anri’s Straight Sword: reduced scaling effects.
- Wolnir’s Holy Sword: added faith scaling and adjusted weapon efficiency accordingly.
- Crescent Moon Sword: added intelligence scaling and adjusted weapon efficiency accordingly.
- Morne’s Great Hammer: added faith scaling and adjusted weapon efficiency accordingly.
- Lothric’s Holy Sword: added faith scaling and adjusted weapon efficiency accordingly.
- Yorshka’s Spear: increased FP damage effects.
- Scholar’s Candlestick: reduced sorcery-strengthening properties
- Demon’s Fist: reduced weight.
- Greatsword of Judgement: increased attack power.
- Heysel’s Pick: increased intelligence scaling.
- All shield-piercing weapons: added shield-piercing properties to regular attacks.
- All Skills that enchant a weapon with special properties: extended length of effect.
- Obscuring Ring: increased distance at which ring takes effect.
- Hornet Ring: adjusted efficiency.
- Black Serpent: adjusted tracking.
- Lightning Stake: now requires 1 attunement slot.
- Magic Barrier/Great Magic Barrier: extended length of effect.
- Divine Pillars of Light: increased attack power.
- White Dragon Breath: reduced stamina consumption.
- All Bug Pellet items: extended length of effect.
- Addressed other game balance issues and fixed other flaws.
It is nice to see From addressing some of the issues that have been with the game since launch. Maybe a change to both the Dark Sword and Anri Straight Sword brings about more diversity in PvP weaponry. Enjoy the new patch while we patiently await DLC.
For more Dark Souls 3 content go here
What are your thoughts on the update? Will is have any effect on the current meta? Let me know in the Pit below.