Apex Legends Update 1.03 – Includes Bug Fixes and New Cosmetic Items
Early yesterday Respawn Entertainment dropped the first update for their BR title Apex Legends. Inside the update are a number of bug fixes as well as some limited time cosmetic items. Let’s take a closer look at what’s inside Apex Legends update 1.03.
To get the best look we need to make our way over to the Apex Legends subreddit. On the subreddit, Respawn Community Manager Jayfresh_Respawn dropped the patch notes in a post. For convenience sake I will be quoting the post below, but you can also visit the source here.
Apex Legends Patch Notes 1.03
VALENTINES DAYS – Store items will be available starting at 6pm PST on 2/13.
– Added “Live Die Live” Banner Badge: Revive a member of your squad between 2/13 and 2/19 to earn this limited time badge.
– Added Valentines Day cosmetic items to the store. They will be live and available in the store starting 2/13 until 2/19 and then they’re gone!
– “Through the Heart” Longbow Epic DMR skin
– “Love of the Game” Pathfinder banner frame
STABILITY / BUGS / PERFORMANCE / QoL
– Various improvements and tweaks to UI.
– Extended timeout that was causing players with slower hard drives to crash.
– Addressed a number of client and server stability issues.
– Fixed exploit where you could keep duplicating items in your inventory.
– Addressed a number of stability and performance issues.
– Fixed issue where players would get a gray screen in lobby when connecting for the first time.
– Fixed issue where your friends list showed all your friends as offline and unable to party.
– Shortened duration of Bloodhound’s Eye of the Allfather clones to remain in the world by 1 second.
– Arc Star now displays a grenade warning indicator.
– Addressed a number bugs with map geo like holes you could fall through and areas that players could get stuck in plus a bunch of other polish issues.
PLAYSTATION PLUS PLAY PACK
– Art updated for the Playstation Plus Play Pack to the Flatline skin and Banner Card and changed the names to Deep Blue. This will affect all players that already have been rewarded the skins as well.
We still have a lot of work to do and we hear those frustrated by disconnects and crashes and are working to improve stability and performance as well as provide more visibility for everyone.
Here are the Valentine’s Day Cosmetic items mentioned above:
What do you think of the new festive cosmetic items? Think you will pick them up? Let me know in The Pit below. While you’re there let me know you overall thoughts on the new Apex Legends update 1.03.