Anthem Loot Drops Getting Updated – Changes to the Game’s Loot Drops Coming
Early this week Anthem revealed that they had changed the loot drops in a way that the community felt was unrewarding. Now BioWare is making a new loot update to hopefully address the current issues with loot. Let’s take a closer look at the proposed changes to Anthem loot drops.
Anthem Loot Drops Update
News of the new loot update came on the game’s subreddit where Ben Irvo made an official post explaining the new loot update. You can read the entire post here (or down below).
First off, thank you for all the feedback around loot drops, this is what we have heard:
– Many inscriptions are not useful to the item they are attached to
– Due to this, players need to get many masterworks of the same item to find a “good one”
– Players want the frequency of masterwork drops to increase to help with the above OR…
– They want us to change how masterwork inscriptions work so that they are more “useful”
There is more feedback, the above is a summary.
This is our plan for changes to go live on February 28th or March 1st (central US time)
– Inscriptions are now better for the items they are on
– This applies to new items earned in Anthem (not existing ones in your Vault)
– If an inscription applies only to the item it is on (gear icon), it will be useful to that item. Otherwise the inscription will provide a Javelin wide benefit
– For example, an Assault Rifle will not have an item specific +pistol damage inscription. It may have a +electric damage suit wide inscription (cool for a lightning build)
Some more information below
– Removed uncommon (white) and common (green) items from level 30 drop tables
– This was a highly requested change and we agree, so that’s that.
– We have reduced the crafting materials needed to craft a masterwork from 25 masterwork embers to 15 masterwork embers
– As you salvage or harvest, you should be able to craft more masterwork items to get the inscriptions you are looking for
– Now that inscriptions are more relevant to their item, this should yield better results for players
Additional inscription change details
Its hard to write a short version of this, but I’m going to try. If we need to add more information later we can do that…
– Current: There are a large pool of inscription options available to roll on items, the inscription pools are generic (e.g. Weapons)
– Every masterwork item has 4 inscriptions – Major Primary, Minor Primary, Major Secondary, Minor Secondary
– Change: Each item type now has a specific set of inscription options for each of their inscription pools. The pools are smaller and are targeted to the specific item type
– E.g. there used to be a Weapon pool, now there is an Assault Rifle pool and the assault rifle pool has 4 pools for each of the inscription types listed above
– Primary inscriptions are focused on damage or survivability
– Any item specific inscriptions (gear icon) will always benefit the item they are on
– Javelin wide inscriptions (suit icon) will benefit damage or survivability across the whole Javelin
– Secondary inscriptions focus on utility and can be targeted to the item (gear icon) or the entire javelin (suit icon)Ben Irvo
There are likely a bunch of questions, we will read through the comments and if we need an additional post to clarify things, we can work on that.
Thanks again for all of your support
As you can see there are a number of tweaks being made to the current loot system. If this loot update delivers, players should at least start to see better loot drops in the higher GM modes. There will also be better inscriptions on drops with the hopes of farming becoming more rewarding.
The Anthem loot drops update is slated for release Today (Feb 28) or tomorrow (March 1).